Monday, April 21, 2008

Impossible Sadness?

As I think to myself, talk to God, and have conversations with people, I have started to realize that it's impossible for me to be sad right now (not prior to this post). Maybe I am stretching my imagination a little bit, but I believe that's where I am with all the changes that are occurring. I feel as though, there is no way for me to be sad. Maybe it's the fact that reality hasn't had a chance to fully sink in. If that's the case, I'll let you know in a couple of weeks if this post was a lie. It's from the heart, though. As much as I will miss Catalyst Church and everything/everyone that came with it, I'm happy. I honestly just realized that tonight.

I like to think that our lives are just a bunch of chapters. If I were to take a second to look back a few chapters, I would see how good God has been to me. Despite all the "bad" stuff that might have happened, something better has always come. God has always been on my side (and yours), and He always wants what is best for me (and you). I keep thinking how funny it will be a year from now, to look back on this chapter and be able to smile. Smile as we think of all the good things that came after the storm. 

I look at my life as a book that started out bad, and will end with the best ending no novelist can think up...except my God. All the in between stuff, that's just the road we must take to get to the "good stuff!" Huh....reminds me of a Kenny Chesney song, The Good Stuff. Okay, maybe not! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love this post, jennifer.

Anonymous said...

Me, too. This is awesome. I especially love, "best ending no novelist can think up...except my God." I LOVE THAT! It's so true! And God is so good. Thanks for this reminder for all of us.