Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Fears

Despite everything going on, it's been a good week. I'm trying to trust God with what's coming. It's hard to stop thinking about, which is why I talk about it all the time! As far as what is going to happen over the next little while, I know that is in the hands of my God. 

One of the hardest things to deal with are the questions people have. People who didn't attend Catalyst or who don't attend church anywhere. It's hard for me to grasp the fact that this wonderful thing has come to an end, much less the unchurched. A friend (who does not attend Catalyst) told me that if she had called Catalyst her "home" that she would probably not go to any other church. That, along with Casey and so many others, is my fear. I pray that God helps those people find a church to call "home," but never let them forget the impact that Catalyst had on them. 

Another fear I have is for me to become a slacker. I fear that I am going to slack off when it comes to investing and inviting. It's been a thought in the back of my mind from the moment I heard that Catalyst was closing. Where will I invite my friends? How will I introduce my Savior to them? Can I do that without the help of Catalyst? No matter how hard it may be, that cannot be an option for me (or anyone for that matter). I must continue investing in my unchurched friends. I must continue praying for those friends. I must continue inviting them to church. 

May God guide CCers as they search for another church. 

No comments: