Thursday, January 24, 2008

What matters most?

I was reading something the other night and it lead me to Matthew 6:33, "and He will give you all you need from day to day if you live for Him and make the Kingdom of God your primary concern." I have read this verse many times but for some reason I never understood! I've always thought that I don't get what I desire because I am not good enough or maybe I'm not in God's will. What I realized the other night is that my problem doesn't necessarily lie in one of those two things. I believe that I am too focused on myself and the desires of my heart rather than on God's kingdom and what He desires.

It's really not that hard. All I have to do is shift my focus a little bit - off of me and onto God. Forget about the things that I want. Forget about the life I wish I had. Stop worrying about the future and how God is going to give me the things I desire most. He's got this and He won't let me down! So, I want to make Him proud! It's time to focus on God's Kingdom! Isn't that what matters most?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Easier said than done, isn't it? I think truly surrendering what we want/desire and shifting our focus to God and His best for us is one of the hardest lessons to learn. Think of me and our story. I wanted a baby so badly for so long. I tried to shift my focus from what I wanted to what God really wanted in His timing. I believe that once I was finally at peace with whatever God had in store for me (and fully surrendered what I wanted), it was then that God ended up giving me the exact desire of my heart! Isn't it just like God to do that?

Anonymous said...

hey jennifer,

i just wanted to say thanks for the comments on my blog!

...and also, I love that verse! I am constantly reminding myself "He must increase, I must decrease"...over and over! :)

rachael boling