Sunday, January 27, 2008

Plastic Surgery

Are you happy with the way you look? Would you do anything you could to have the perfect figure? Or the perfect complexion? Almost anyone would, right? I am watching VH1 about what celebrities do to have the "perfect" body. It's ridiculous and sad at the same time! Exercising is one thing (a healthy alternative), but surgery to enhance, hide, or get rid of something you don't like?! Yeah, it's nice to look and feel good, but why do we go to such extreme measures? Do we do it so that others will notice us more? Do we think that we will be better in the eyes of the world if we look unnatural!? Seriously people! It's not that important! 

Yes, exercise, eat right, and definitely care about the way that you look, but not in an unhealthy way. God made you the way that you are and you don't need to change that. If I created something and "it" changed the way that "it" looked, that would hurt my feelings! 

So, take care of yourself, but trust that God knew what He was doing the first time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is good stuff, Jennifer! We, as women, particularly struggle with this self-image battle. I am guilty of it. Am I 100% satisfied with how I look or with my body? No. Should I be? Yes. God made me. The Bible says I am fearfully and wonderfully made. How can I not be satisfied with God's handiwork? How dare I tell God He didn't do a good job? But, when I look in the mirror and find fault or put myself down or want to alter something on my face or body, isn't that what I am doing...telling God He didn't do a good enough job? We all need daily prayer in being completely satisfied with how God made us. We are just as He designed.

Jenn said...

Exactly! It's crazy how bad we view ourselves! I love that verse about being fearfully and wonderfully made! It's so true!!! Thanks, Julie! :)