Monday, January 28, 2008

Shifting Focus

I realized earlier this week that I am too focused on me. I also realized that I am not investing in other peoples lives. Whether that be a churched or unchurched person. A new friend or an old friend. I must be doing these things. It's extremely important to shift my focus off of me and onto God! And in doing so, I end up caring more about what God cares about! 

This week I have been praying and really trying to put God first. It's not an easy thing to do. To allow God to change your way of thinking. To allow God to show you what is most important in life. It truly has brought me one step closer in my relationship to God, and I am giving Him all the props for that one! 

When your relationship is right with the Lord, everything else seems to "fall into place" like it should. Life is a million times better when you aren't focusing on yourself! That can stress a person out!!

FYI - I am by no means finished growing! God's not done with me! I don't have all the above completely together in my life...just so you know! :)



No comments: