Sunday, May 4, 2008

What a day!

It's difficult to find a church. It's especially difficult to find a church after you've been a part of something like Catalyst for 2 years! Yesterday morning me and a friend actually went to two different churches within an hour and a half. Yeah, it was a little strange. We went to one and it was...well...country! We sang songs like, "Lord I Lift Your Name on High," and "All in All." These were the type of songs that I sang in High School. I don't see how so many people attend that type of church. Then we went to another church and heard the sermon and the closing song. It was definitely better, but still...not my cup of tea! I realize, you can't just go to any church and be able to fully worship.

I do not want to lose focus and I do not want to forget about my unchurched friends. I have to find a church that I can invite my friends to. If I don't find that kind of church, then what does that say about me? I think it would say that I'm very selfish and that all I care about is growing in my relationship with Christ. You have to care about both. When your spiritual gift is not evangelism, you need all the help you can get! I'm not saying God can't use just me to guide someone into a relationship with Him, but it sure helps to know I can take someone to a church where I know they will learn/grow in a relationship with Christ. Whether they are far from Christ or have never known the beauty of a relationship with Him, I want to be able to share the truth with them with the help of my church.

Thank you Catalyst for helping me understand the importance of this!

4 comments:

Kim S in SC said...

Hey girlie! Just checking in by way of Casey's blog. I miss you greatly. Praying you find a church that HE will use you fully in! Love you! Kim Sanders

Kate said...

There is somewhere out there!
Where are we going after next weekend?
=)

Anonymous said...

Great post! I was talking with someone tonight about how Catalyst had changed me and my family. And one of those ways is how we look at church. I used to be so selfish in the ways I thought about church...I did not realize it at the time, though.

Don't lessen your standards. God will give you the church you're looking for.

Jenn said...

thanks for all the encouraging words!