Tuesday, May 20, 2008

What are friends for?

Do you have a friend who you can always turn to for encouragement, prayer, etc.? Who will let you vent, then speak truth into your life? Who will tell you what you may or may not want to hear at the time? Every person needs a friend like that. I have a friend who fits that description. I am about to get very personal and open up with you, so beware!

The past couple of days have been a little tougher than usual for me. I have found myself dwelling on my current state of...singleness. At 26 years old it's not really easy to let go of being single. I know that I need to be content in my singleness. I need to trust God with that area of my life, knowing that He has a plan for my future, whether I can see it or not. As much as I know that to be true, sometimes I need a gentle reminder. That's what friends are for.

Keep smiling!
Keep shining!
Knowing you can always count on me,
For sure!
And that’s what friends are for!

In good times!
And bad times!
I’ll be on your side forever more!
That’s what friends are for!

(Lyrics from www.sing365.com)

Sorry, I somehow can always break into song! Anyhow, despite how I was feeling, my friend spoke truth into my life. She knew exactly what to say. She knew exactly what I needed to hear, the truth. I can't thank her enough! Although she's married (and has been for a while), she still found a way to connect with me. She knows what it's like to wait. To wait for something that she wanted so badly. Just like she had to wait for that unexpected blessing, I also must wait for God to give me the desires of my heart...in His perfect timing. He hasn't forgotten about me and never will.

So, thank you Julie! You are truly a blessing!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, Jennifer! I don't know what to say except thank you for the nice things you wrote here, and I am so glad I could help just a little bit. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, Jennifer! First of all, I have to say that it warms my heart that there is someone else who can always break into song! :)
Also, I'm not sure of exactly what Julie said to you but I'm confident when I say "I second that"! You are such an amazing person and I can't wait to see how God will work in your life to give you the desires of your heart!

Anonymous said...

I'm betting this Julie person is hot too. Can you email me her digits?