Sunday, February 10, 2008

Refrigerator madness....

I went to the refrigerator this morning to get ice for a glass of water. The ice was melted and at room temperature!!! The lights were on but the refrigerator was not cold and the freezer wasn't freezing like it should be! My roommate and I were gone all weekend so who knows how long it's been broken. Long enough for a whole thing of ice to be melted I guess! So, it doesn't sound like the apartment complex is going to reimburse us for our food. They think somehow we broke it. Way to take responsibility! 

Funeral procession...

Today on the way home from church I literally got in the middle of a funeral procession! It was like a Seinfeld episode! I was pulling out onto a 4 lane road and ALL of the cars were in one lane to the far right. I was completely confused by the situation...I didn't see any flashers at first! Then, I didn't know whether to pass everyone (like other cars were so rudely doing) or get in behind the line and wait for my turn. Well, I got in behind what I thought was the back of the line! Nope! Another car...oh wait two more cars came up behind me with their flashers on! Embarrassing moment for me! I felt like the worst person on earth! I was laughing, not at the fact there was a funeral happening and the people around me were sad, but at the fact that I had no idea what to do! Is it like when you see an ambulance? Are you supposed to pull over when there is a funeral procession in progress? 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

in a way different (not as sad as a funeral) way, i did something similar ---
when jake and i lived in tennessee, i drove in a christmas parade...hahaha (of course, on accident)! the floats (apparently) were about to start moving. i had just gotten on the road. there were LINES of people on both sides of the road. i wanted to throw up my hand and give my best fake pageant wave! it was definitely a seinfeld moment. i laughed my head off!

Jenn said...

haha! that is hilarious!!! i wish i could have seen it...i'm sure you could have pulled off the pageant wave and no one would have noticed! :)