Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Creative?!

So, my creative juices started to flow last week when I decided to make my own headboard. I have been sleeping in my bed without one for a few months now and I'm not so sure that I like it. In fact, I can promise you that I don't! Instead of going out and spending a fortune on a new bed frame, I decided to allow my creativity to take charge. Now, if you know me, you know that I have no creativity whatsoever! Honestly, I took a test one time and it was the last one on my list!! So, I was pretty amazed at what I came up with. Of course, I'm sure it's from watching all those TLC and HGTV shows! Design On A Dime anyone?!

Anyway, I went to the fabric store tonight to see what my options were. First of all, there were way too many fabrics to choose from! Who knew there could be so many?! So, I narrowed it down to a few. My color scheme is tiffany blue and brown (I love those colors!). I am going to be taking 6 (maybe more) wood squares with some "stuffin'" and covering it with the fabric that I so carefully choose. I'm not so sure how I will mount it on the wall, but I can cross that bridge when I come to it! Of course, after I narrowed down my choices to a few, I decided to go down the street to the Oops Co. and ended up buying a hat and some sunglasses. Oh well, at least I got a good deal!! :)

Needless to say, my journey has come to a screeching halt! At least for right now! I will pick up where I left off later this week! I will keep you updated with pictures of my progress (but I have to start first!).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

attach it to the bed frame not the wall

Jenn said...

thank you for your advice!! :)

simply soulshine said...

I've been thinking about doing this exact same project! Maybe you can come visit and we can help each other!

Watch out for those roasted peanuts! ;)

Jenn said...

well, i didn't do a headboard per se, matthew and i painted a couple of canvases and hung them up. it looks pretty cool! i'll have pictures soon!